Only test rides with a view to purchasing are available at present
Are you fed up of cycling 50 yards behind your partner and want to see if tandem riding is for you? Then Discover Tandeming with a day's hire from our shop in Gargrave, North Yorkshire.
We will provide you with all the techniques and skills necessary to learn to tandem ride, including instruction on gear changing, effective braking and essential "lingo" for communication between riders. By the end of the day we'll have you starting, stopping, and hopping on and off the tandem like the pros!
A day's tandem hire costs just £75 per couple, and we provide the tandem, route guides and a rack pack to carry your personal belongs. Should you subsequently purchase a tandem from us then we will reduce the price of the tandem by £75.
Tandem hire is available any day that we are open, but booking is advised as we do get fully booked. We are only able to offer day hire from the shop in Gargrave and we only have a small number of tandems available so we are unable to cater for large groups. Our opening times vary according to the time of the year, so please check Opening Times for further details.
- Do I have to wear a helmet for my discover tandeming day?
- I don’t have any cycle specific clothing, what should I wear?
- Do I need to bring along a pump and spare tube etc?
- What pedals will be fitted to the tandem/s we are going to ride?
- Should I bring my own saddle?
- I can’t ride a bike at all; will I be able to ride on the back of a tandem?
- Do we both have to pedal at the same time?
- My partner is a lot fitter than me, how does this affect riding a tandem?